Orb avatar question

Just a small suggestion if your interested, XLT.

Download the Ed-Effects plugin and use the lens plugin to make it more of a sphere. Then download the feather plugin if you want to have the edges a little less jagged.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

You mean like this?

xltorb.gif

If so, I'm not sure what you were doing wrong, but you can right-clidk on this one, save it to your computer and use it. 8)

That's exactly what I was trying to do :!: What did you do? I would like to know so I have the understanding.

Also, if you can't get the Magic Wand to work with the orb your cutting out do this:

Use the ellipse tool and select the orb with it.

Press crt+i to invert the selection.

Press delete.

Use the feather plugin if it came out jagged.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Because I'm irrational and crazy this is what I would do:

Create a new image the same size as the avatar.

Create a black circle in the middle.

Save the image.

Go back to the avatar and execute the Alpha Mask plugin.

Click browse and selects the white image with the circle in the middle and OK.

Enjoy.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Not really. It's quick enough, and the edges come out naturally anti-aliased. That's the method I'd use as well. :P

Except, you'd need black around the outside and a white circle in the middle. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Also, if you can't get the Magic Wand to work with the orb your cutting out do this:

Use the ellipse tool and select the orb with it.

Press crt+i to invert the selection.

Press delete.

This is exactly what I did.

I did not do the alpha mask import plugin because XLT said he was saving in GIF format... which only supports transparent/opaque pixels. Had he said that he wanted to save in PNG format, I would have suggested the alpha mask import plugin or feathering the edges.

Just a small suggestion if your interested, XLT.

Download the Ed-Effects plugin and use the lens plugin to make it more of a sphere. Then download the feather plugin if you want to have the edges a little less jagged.

I downloaded the plugins and they are really cool.

thumb_XLT_lens.gif The square background is from the web hosting service. It is not from PDN problems or my errors. The background is not supposed to be there.