Fonts Lag

Whenever I click the font drop down box and scroll to see another font it ends up filling the fonts box white and lags like that for 30 seconds every time. Which is really annoying since i can't get anything done with it.

Is there any possible explanation for this, I am going to update to the most recent version for now and then give you a more detailed analysis if the problem persists, which it is likely.

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

I would recommend you do update your Paint.NET, but otherwise it just sounds like common computer lagg to me. Try turning off some other programs. And if it dose not respond, don't overload it with clicks.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

also, i recommend keeping the font files that you use less than regularly in a folder other than the system fonts folder, as having too many there, especially complex ones, like a lot of the ones you see at places like dafont.com and 1001freefonts.com, can cause lag even on the best of computers.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Well the questions I have are ...

How fast is your computer? (CPU type, speed)

How much memory do you have? (512MB? 1GB?)

How many fonts do you have installed?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Ok I have updated.

How fast is your computer? (CPU type, speed)

Pentium 4 H T 2.8 gHZ (2 cpus)

How much memory do you have? (512MB? 1GB?)

510mb ram

How many fonts do you have installed?

207 apparently

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

I am in the process of cleaning out some of the fonts, it would seem due to a recent microsoft update, or maybe a program i installed a whole bunch of fonts were added. But the problem was still there before these new fonts, but i'll see what cleaning them can do.

EDIT: Cut down to 92 fonts and running smooth again. That should fix for now.