Upgrade uninstal/install fails

Yes, I have read the pinned solutions above but nothing seemed to correct my situation- Though I tried them, to the best of my limited understanding of computer-eze.      

I have tried to install the Ver 4.5  and have been stopped by the following error messages. See 4.5instal fail 

After much frustration - all install fails seem to be hung up on finding a correct "staging" file.

So, I canceled the update and went back to the 3. version I had tried to up date. Now it would not work  see  4pt5 NG2  

After repeating the same install procedure -hoping I had missed a step, the results were the same. No update ; No previous version; No joy.

I did a "computer restore"  which brought back the 3.5  but now,  even with a "PDN repair" attempt, I got the error message : ERROR 591B  

I created a mess of the whole thing.  Having tried to delete the existing version and trying a clean instal of the new version;  the results are still a fail .

If I could get some specific steps to follow, though I understand it is a pain.  I have reached my knowledge limit and I would be most grateful.  

Edited by Scooter
remove attachments 11-13-21

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

First - disable your anti-virus.

Next, manually unzip the download then try and run it. There have been reported problems when running the exe from within the zip file.

If that fails you might as well try the Windows Installer CleanUp utility as described in post #2 here http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/692-install-update-or-uninstall-trouble-read-this/ That should get you back to a clean system.

• Upvote 1

Ego Eram Reputo   you-are-the-man.gif

Sucess!  the directions you and Rick (BowingSmiley.gif ) gave, did the trick. I did have to download the  Win self extractor. Thanks to Rick's instructions it worked like a charm 

All is well now, in Scooter Land, where the PDNs can now play and the  tutorials, can dance in the fields.........?too much? 945d9d2d.gif....'thought as much 384a4b7d.gif

Seriously thank you for the help 

and thank Scott too, when you see him

• Upvote 5

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

You're welcome Scooter. Glad you got it sorted.