options/tools

Hello, is there a way to change the default settings in Paint.net?

My computer has always saved evry Paint.net as a JPG and always to my desktop,..........however now it is saving as a defaut PMG and to my C drive???

Help please, thank you

Edited by wfeere

You cannot change this behavior.  It's built in.  Unnamed/new single layered images are saved as a *.PNG, multiple layered images are saved as a *.PDN.

Paint.net does not save new images as a JPG unless you tell it to on an individual basis.  If you want to save an image as a JPG use File > Save As...

Paint.net will save an existing image in the same format (i.e if you opened an existing JPG file - and didn't add any new layers, or flattened the layers before you save).

You cannot change this behavior.  It's built in.  Unnamed/new single layered images are saved as a *.PNG, multiple layered images are saved as a *.PDN.

Paint.net does not save new images as a JPG unless you tell it to on an individual basis.  If you want to save an image as a JPG use File > Save As...

Paint.net will save an existing image in the same format (i.e if you opened an existing JPG file - and didn't add any new layers, or flattened the layers before you save).

Thank you