brush size and shortcuts

Hello all

I like Paint.Net very much and I am thankful for it. It is a very useful program. However, there is one thing which I don’t like. When I for example change brush size it changes also line width etc. I wish they were independent. I have read that one should use shortcuts. Unfortunately I have Finnish version of Windows and keyboard. So I wish that one could edit the shortcuts because Finnish [ and ] don’t work in my computer. By trial and error I have found only one keyboard combination which increases brush size by 5. That is nor very helpful. Can anyone help me?

Hi there.  There are ways to edit shortcuts, perhaps you can read this here.

Yes, I know that different countries have different keyboard layouts, but perhaps this would be the same:

Decrease brush width by 1

[

Decrease brush width by 5

Ctrl + [

Increase brush width by 1

]

Increase brush width by 5

Ctrl + ]

Edit:  sorry ....... I just re-read your post and notice that the above brackets would not be of help to you  :/  

Edited by Pixey
  • Thanks 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

Would you guys know what is the unit for the Paint Brush size?

For example when I click + to add 1 unit, what is it? Pixels, millimetres? And finally if it's pixels, would you know (if it's possible) how to change it to millimetres?

Thanks a lot!