Is it possible to change canvas size with an offset?

I'm trying to crop some off center images, and the best way for me to do this would be an offset. I've used ifranview and that has what I'm looking for, but I've gotten used to paint.NET and prefer its interface by far. Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

Use the rectangle selection tool to select the area you wish to crop to, then go to Image>Crop to selection (hotkey: ctrl+shift+x)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Short answer: You can't just tell it "trim 10px off of each side."  You do need to do the math in the canvas size dialog, unfortunately.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I know that you can trim a certain number of pixels off of each side and select from a 3x3 grid points to anchor, but my problem is i've got an image inside of black bars and the black bars are not equally spaced

so at minimum i've got a 2 step process (based on what i currently know) and i want to turn it into a one step process

what i do right now is take off the top number of pixels (126 or something), then i open up resize canvas again and set the size to the final size of the image, but change which side of the image is anchored

I'm looking for a similar feature to what exists in ifranview and gimp (and probably other things) where, when changing the size of the canvas/cropping/whatever you want to call it, you can set something like

x offset: 0

y offset: 126

width: 200

height: 1000

getting rid of the multi step process and turning it into one. Are there any plugins that do this, or a way in the base program?

Thanks!

This is not something that can be altered by plugins.

However, it is possible to make a plugin to assist in the process. Instead of resizing the canvas (which is out of bounds for plugins), it could fill the area with the primary color. That way, you could run the plugin, use magic wand to select the outside area, then press ctrl+i and ctrl+shift+x.

Slightly faster than resizing the canvas twice.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Yeah, i've gone through a couple of methods on this issue, but what i've run into is that sometimes the black bars are touching part of the image that is the same color, which ruins things.

Oh well, I'll just use ifranviewer for now. Thanks for the help guys!

Short answer: You can't just tell it "trim 10px off of each side."  You do need to do the math in the canvas size dialog, unfortunately.

I'm agree with you :)

Edited by Jeroma

http://www.reductan.com'>fast weight loss pills, http://www.reductan.com'>how to lose weight, http://www.reductan.com'>slimming pills,http://www.reductan.com'>cha de bugre

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Is it possible to change canvas size with an offset?