Layers?! Help please!

Hi, I've started using Paint.Net recently, and I love it; But...

I don't know why, but it seems like, every time I make a new layer, the layers are always the same!

And I know, you have to change them yourself. And I have but every time I change something on my new layer, The EXACT same thing happens to my previous layer! :glum: And it's really frustrating... If anyone could tell me what to do here on how to animate my pixels, PLEASE let me know!

Thank you! :imhappehtoo:

Paint.NET operates on one layer at a time. This layer is highlighted in the Layers window.

To edit a different layer, click on it in the Layers window.

What you see in the editing window is a composition of all the visible layers. I suspect this is where you are seeing the changes and assuming this is a single layer. It's not. It's all the visible layers.

Does this help?

Paint.NET operates on one layer at a time. This layer is highlighted in the Layers window.

To edit a different layer, click on it in the Layers window.

What you see in the editing window is a composition of all the visible layers. I suspect this is where you are seeing the changes and assuming this is a single layer. It's not. It's all the visible layers.

Does this help?

Yes! Thank you so much! I understand it now! Thank you!