Cropped-resized image being automatically saved as oil painting

Hopefully I'm posting this correctly and in the right place, if not I apologize, I am new to the forum. I have been using paint.net for a couple of years to resize photos for work purposes with no problems. All of a sudden two days ago the photos I resized or cropped started saving as oil paintings. I didn't click on the oil painting effect and I haven't changed anything that I am aware of. I've been going through everything I can think of and even uninstalled and reinstalled the program trying to get rid of this weird default change. I can't figure out how to change it back to normal. does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks!

Please post a "before" image and an "after" image so we can see the effect.

What file format are you loading as, and what type are you saving to?

I've posted one of the "after" photos I resized; unfortunately the rest of the photo files are too big and the site won't upload them so I can't post one of the ":before" photos. They are just normal jpgs though; I'm not changing the file format at all. Imagine the same photo without the weird pixel color changes and stuff. I also tried to pull up some old ones I resized but they were still too big and when I tried to resize them, guess what happened? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've spent so much time trying to figure this out to no avail I am seriously behind with work right now. Thanks!

post-134485-0-27471500-1386195185_thumb.

It appears to be the quality setting in the JPG Save dialog.  It looks like it is set so low that the image is posterized.  Turn it up to or near 100%