Product Images

I'm relatively new to paint.net and graphic work overall so this is probably a really simple task. I am trying to edit some product images that are on a plain white background so that there is a gradient around the product like the attached example. Can anyone tell me how to do it? I tried playing with it for several hours without luck.

post-90899-0-20897000-1341544054_thumb.j

Edited by baker987

Hey baker987 - Welcome!

You need to remove the white background first. Magic wand :MagicWandTool: it and press delete or install a plugin like AlphaSpace or Grim Color Reaper.

Next you need to add a layer :AddNewLayer: and move it below the first layer :MoveLayerDown: Activate this layer by clicking on it in the Layers window.

Set your colors to the default Black & White (there's a black & white icon in the Color window that does this).

Select the gradient tool :GradientTool: and click on the Radial gradient type in the toolbar.

Right click in the centre of the watch (object) and drag outwards with the right mouse button held down.

You''ll need to flatten and save the image. I recommend first saving as a *.pdn so the layers are preserved.