Saving in PNG files...

I'm not sure what happened here...But, whenever I save an image as PNG and hover over the image in the folder it is in (or on the desktop) it shows it as Paint.NET file, even if I had used Paint, GIMP, or SAI to save it...

I uninstalled Paint.NET, and that issue is gone.

I'm not sure if it is my computer, Webroot isn't saying there are any threats on my computer...Though I have my doubts on that.

I'm not sure if it is the program or my computer. I want to fix this, because I do like the program. It's the only non-annoying art program that I can add text to the art that I have and like.

You have your file association for the PNG file type set to Paint.NET. That's all. It doesn't matter which program saved it, the file extension (the .png bit) is associated with one program = Paint.NET!

If you wish to change it, see this article (which expands greatly on the subject): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

You have your file association for the PNG file type set to Paint.NET. That's all. It doesn't matter which program saved it, the file extension (the .png bit) is associated with one program = Paint.NET!

If you wish to change it, see this article (which expands greatly on the subject): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

The site that you pasted didn't help, that was for XP but I did figure it out with what you said. Thanks so much. ^^

Sorry Nora. I took a punt on your OS - and guessed wrong.

Glad you got it sorted!