web link on new machines, tutorials

i'm glad i finally discovered this. although i understand your reasons for not just including it with windows in the first place, you could at least include a web link on the desktop of new machines. there certainly are plenty of other web links and trial software on new windows machines for software a lot less usefull.

my only critism is a lack of tutorials by the developers themselves, there appears to be just a link to a webpage of random user tutorials. but this is often the case with free software. i'm hoping an "illustrator for dummies" book would be compatable for paint.net, particularly in areas of importing and combining several apha enabled graphic images for multilayered graphics and sprite sheets.

The developer works for Microsoft, but I doubt he has enough power to have a link to Paint.NET included in Windows. The links and software you're talking about are generally installed by computer manufacturers, they don't come with Windows. Paint.NET isn't hard to find, you only have to Google "free paint alternative".

I don't check that area often, but I don't see why tutorials created by users, especially those that have been selected by moderators here (stickied), are of less quality than the developer could create, especially since they often describe techniques that wouldn't be any more obvious to the creator of the software. There is still official documentation, which can be accessed by pressing F1 in Paint.NET.

I don't think an Illustrator book would be very useful, since Illustrator is mainly oriented towards vector graphics and Paint.NET only supports raster editing. You may be able to adapt some of the techniques, especially if you use plugins (such as the alpha mask one), but a lot of the tools are likely to be very different.

• Upvote 1
KaHuc.png

i'm glad i finally discovered this. although i understand your reasons for not just including it with windows in the first place, you could at least include a web link on the desktop of new machines. there certainly are plenty of other web links and trial software on new windows machines for software a lot less usefull.

I think you are confusing me with whoever sold you your computer?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg