Are there any watercolor aiding plugins?

Are there any watercolor effect plugins or plugins that aid in the watercoloring process? I looked in the Plugin Index and searched multiple times but it turned up nothing.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

that's what the search bar is for ;)

EDIT: make sure you read the whole thread before using the plugin. It isn't very long, and it is definitely worth reading if you wish for a better result than the plugin gives by itself.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Okay well no effects are doing the trick, so is there a way to use the paint.net brush for watercoloring (like from scratch) cause I tried custom brushes mini ,but that doesn't work since it drags an image either like a stamp, or as a solid non-watercolor stroke.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

(Thinking out loud)

The short answer is: No.

Even with some of the other programs geared to this sort of direct draw input, watercolor is a really hard thing to re-create. Even with PS, you're talking about a lot of hours to learn to use the brushes to create that effect. Especially if you're wishing to convert an image ...

Using an outlining approach (manually) with varying transparency and then coming back and using combinations of dents and blurs can hammer the effect into place, but it requires about 1000 more steps than needed. At least from what I've seen, if you need that level of specific control you will have to consider pre-processing the image using something else first. Then finalizing the rest of the adjustments in PDN ...

(disclaimer: an aunt of mine did watercolor for a living and she's griped about doing it digitially for about 10 years and basically gave up on the idea, so I may be a bit jaded on this one)

Edited by delpart

Gallery at PDN-Fans