eliminating objects easily

Hi,

I often womnder how I can easily remove objects or text from an image. Photoshop has a new feature, which easliy recognizes trees or other objects and let you remove them with a click of a button. The same time the backgroud is repairen (like the sky) in a perfect manner...I want that...

any ideas with the great paint.net??? Am absolutely no pro and need tools like these

Thx

Dan

lol we dont have an automated process for this(not that im aware of anyway) with PDN you will have to remove the tree the old fashion way - eraser or magic wand/delete then repair the section of sky yourself-- clone stamp works well-- plenty of good tuts in the tutorial section, take the time to read/watch a few and soon enough you will be a "pro"

please remember before you gripe that photshop has a whole team of payed developers, and we have Rick, great and wonderful tho he is, he is still just one man- and he only gets paid for it when users like you or i decide to hit the DONATE button

well we do have those awesome guys who write the plug-ins but they too are unpaid unless users are genorous

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

lol we dont have an automated process for this(not that im aware of anyway) with PDN you will have to remove the tree the old fashion way - eraser or magic wand/delete then repair the section of sky yourself-- clone stamp works well-- plenty of good tuts in the tutorial section, take the time to read/watch a few and soon enough you will be a "pro"

please remember before you gripe that photshop has a whole team of payed developers, and we have Rick, great and wonderful tho he is, he is still just one man- and he only gets paid for it when users like you or i decide to hit the DONATE button

well we do have those awesome guys who write the plug-ins but they too are unpaid unless users are genorous

well said (you forgot about ad revenue, but that's beside the point). Also, I'm pretty sure Rick doesn't develop Paint.net as his full time job either, meaning he spends free time bringing us a great program that many people don't pay him back for.

There is one especially well-written tutorial for this purpose:

I've actually preferred this method to photoshop's single-click fix in many cases because the photoshop tool isn't perfect and I am. Just kidding. I've used both many times (in fact, I have both photoshop and PDN installed), and the photoshop tool literally does the same thing as the tutorial except the computer makes the judgment call on where to pull image samples from and how to blend them. Whether or not it does a good job is like trying to roll two of the same number on a pair of dice. It has a fair chance of doing well, you just have to keep trying. Just like a stick-shift car can get better gas mileage than most other gas powered vehicles, manual control can be more efficient than automated "easy-fix" tools. All it takes is a little more time and work.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

well said (you forgot about ad revenue, but that's beside the point). Also, I'm pretty sure Rick doesn't develop Paint.net as his full time job either, meaning he spends free time bringing us a great program that many people don't pay him back for.

There is one especially well-written tutorial for this purpose: http://forums.getpai...opypaste-blues/

I've actually preferred this method to photoshop's single-click fix in many cases because the photoshop tool isn't perfect and I am. Just kidding. I've used both many times (in fact, I have both photoshop and PDN installed), and the photoshop tool literally does the same thing as the tutorial except the computer makes the judgment call on where to pull image samples from and how to blend them. Whether or not it does a good job is like trying to roll two of the same number on a pair of dice. It has a fair chance of doing well, you just have to keep trying. Just like a stick-shift car can get better gas mileage than most other gas powered vehicles, manual control can be more efficient than automated "easy-fix" tools. All it takes is a little more time and work.

Thank you so much Guys!!

The day only has 24 hours, but right now I need this funcvtionality so will take the time and digest that tutorial. Great forum!

Thx again

Dan