Need help on texy boxes

Hi, I am really new to paint.net and any type of software like this. I am trying to create a custom header using paint.net. I have tried learning about it with youtube tuorials but the latest version seems to have changed a little bit. Especially insterting a text box into an existing object I created. Apologies if my terms are incorrect. I wanted to ask the more experienced users for help. So help?

Also if there are any more updated tutorials with the latest paint.net version I would so love that. Thanks in advance to all.

Paint.net doesn't have 'text boxes' as such. But you can create the appearance of them. Unlike other software, Paint.net doesn't allow for re-editing text in 'boxes' - once you commit the text to the canvas, it becomes part of the image and therefore a clump of pixels, and not characters.

However, there is a plugin by Simon Brown HERE that does allow for re-editing text.

This plugin by dpy Speech Bubble creates speech bubbles on your canvas, but again these are not re-editable.

Can you post a picture of what you're trying to achieve?

• Upvote 1