CodeLab 1.9

Mr X

Hi!

I had some free time so I made few enchamcements to the CodeLab.

Because I didn't have lots I couldn't make changes to the code editor but I did have enough time to add few UI tricks, better visual styling, TaskDialog and few other things.

I also included one banned 'System.Reflection Hack' to use PdnToolStripRenderer from PaintDotNet.exe in MenuStrip (See /* <UI Hack> */)

If you don't like it just remove it. :D

I call the result as CodeLab 1.9 Alpha 1 and I am very sure that someone will like it.

I also made some tests an it looks like I didn't break anything.

Here is source:

It's licensed with same license than original CodeLab

<snip>

Since I'm the current maintainer of CodeLab and fairly active on the forum, you could have just come to be with your requests and suggestions.

BTW, adding a hack like you did will make CodeLab incompatible with Paint.NET 4.0. This would be a horrible idea.

My goal in maintaining CodeLab is to make it more likely to work in Paint.NET 4.0 so there is a smooth transition to the new architecture for the plugin developers.

I also included one banned 'System.Reflection Hack' to use PdnToolStripRenderer from PaintDotNet.exe in MenuStrip (See /* <UI Hack> */)
BTW, adding a hack like you did will make CodeLab incompatible with Paint.NET 4.0. This would be a horrible idea.

Not to mention it's specifically prohibited for plugins to do anything like that.

It's fine for your own personal use, but you may not distribute a plugin which does that sort of stuff.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg