Photo Editing

RickHOSIL

I think I'm finally getting the hang of Paint.Net to edit photos. I used to use Adobe PhotoDeluxe, last century, but realized it is no longer available. Paint.Net has most of the same features and feel as PhotoDeluxe did. One thing I do miss is the Smudge Tool. Hopefully, Paint.Net will add that one before too long.

295966_2446248601313_1404854625_2859034_1997755418_n.jpg

This photo had low clouds in the sky, a large obtrusive telephone pole near the sign and a smaller, distant pole to the left, as well as all the wires and anchor that was visible under the sign. I used Paint.Net to remove it all and provide a beautiful blue sky. This puts the church in the best light.

Edited by RickHOSIL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

churchmodpic.jpg

Very good work. Let me offer the following though if I may:

Not having seen the original piece, my guess is that you copied a section of the sky and pasted over the clouds that you endeavored to remove and this resulted in portions of the trees themselves looking almost like someone took a bite out of them. You can fix this simply by using a smaller selection tool, and copying and pasting from elsewhere to make this less rounded and more natural. To do this effectively, try zooming in on the areas from where you copying from and to where you are pasting and do it with very small pieces. It'll be a bit more time consuming, but I think the result would be better in the end.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more.