New Techniques for Signatures?

I've realized that all my recent signatures use the same technique for them all and I realized the background is getting kinda boring. Does anyone have any tips or techniques to try for a signature? Here is the way I go about making my sigs.

1.) Start new project, make a new layer, paste, and resize my render.

2.) Magic wand the transparent area on new layer with render, and invert selection so render is selected.

3.) Create a new layer above the background but under the render, paste the render all over the new canvas, and zoomblur at 100, focal point under the original render.

4.) Sometimes I do the same thing as Step 3, but I smudge the render and set it to some blend mode.

5.) Switch to render layer, grab eraser, and set color to white with opacity of 5, and erase edges of render, so it blends.

6.) Make new layer above all, and make a 1-2px outline of the sig using the line tool.

7.) Add C4Ds

8.) Add text (new layer, white text, drop shadow right behind the text with black, and set blend mode to Overlay at some opacity lower than 255.

Any tips or techniques to try? Thanks.

Click my signature to register for the game my signature is based off of

:) If you get to level 5, it helps me too!

You can make sigs from scratch too! they don't have to have renders...like mine! :3

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo