Need Help replacing text in picture with different text and wand tool

post-83724-130771686932_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Let me say right off the bat I am not a photoshop/gimp/paint.net professional or amateur. Designing software and hardware is my thing, not photos. Having said that, I have to replace text in a banner image with different text. Maybe if I upload the banner, it would be more helpful...

I have to replace "Customer Satisfaction" with some other text. The text is embedded in the image; so, it's not that easy, at least for me, to replace it without making it look amateurish. Of course, I duplicated the background and worked on that layer.

First method I tried was using the clone stamp, zooming in to 1600% to painstakingly erase it. But then when I zoom out, the background where the text was placed over does not match its surroundings and looks like someone shaded it. If you zoom in real close, before making any changes to it, you'll see that the "green" (I have no idea what the RGB is) touching the text is different than the "green" in areas not touching text.

Next, I thought of using the magic wand to select the text for me and that looked liked it worked. But the problem is once I select it, I have no idea how to delete it or blend it in with the background. That is, if I select the "C" in "Customer Satisfaction" with the magic wand, for instance, pressing delete does nothing. Then I found I can fill the area, after I select it with the magic wand; however, I have no idea what the RGB combination is of the background. Is there a way I can find out what the RGB value is of the background, then apply that to my fill color and effectively delete the "Customer Satisfaction" text?

Once I'm able to get rid of the text, I can use the text editor plugin tool I downloaded to replace the text.

That's my logic, anyway. I would really love to hear how I can replace text in an image, preferably as neatly as possible.

Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it.

Edited by NotAnArtist10

honestly, for such a simple banner, i would just make a new one.

looking at it,unless my eyes are totaly woonky, there appears to be a slight linier gradient(light on top- darker on bottom) you could load the original and use the coilour picker tool to get the exact shades

once you identify the font- which shouldnt be too hard , all that would be left is to make those white triangles which have a slight dropshadow effect going on, as does the entire banner

the triangles are easy to make using Render> Polygone/Stars effect

as for as the green being different near the letters, that is an illusion due to enlarging text that was created small- i would start at at least tripple size then reduce it when finished

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

honestly, for such a simple banner, i would just make a new one.

looking at it,unless my eyes are totaly woonky, there appears to be a slight linier gradient(light on top- darker on bottom) you could load the original and use the coilour picker tool to get the exact shades

once you identify the font- which shouldnt be too hard , all that would be left is to make those white triangles which have a slight dropshadow effect going on, as does the entire banner

the triangles are easy to make using Render> Polygone/Stars effect

as for as the green being different near the letters, that is an illusion due to enlarging text that was created small- i would start at at least tripple size then reduce it when finished

Thank you for your help. I actually was looking for the font type using the text editor plugin and I couldn't find any font that reproduced it. I couldn't tell if the original was bold, but I tried to size the text to get the close. I even went on a site that attempts to find the font, based on a submitted image. It gave me a plethora of choices. I guess I'll just redo the font for all the words, practically re-creating it, like you indicated to do.

Thank you.

One way to remove the text would be to use the rectangle selection to select a row of pixels on the left, then using the move selection tool, drag the middle node on the right side of the selection across the image to stretch that row of pixels until it covers the whole image. This may give you some faint green lines across the image, so go ahead and use gaussian blur at 2-3 pixels to smooth it up.

I do notice the triangles have a slight shadow underneath them. To recreate this, add the triangles on a new layer and duplicate the layer. Use brightness/contrast to darken the triangles layer on the bottom, then blur it at whatever amount you prefer.

I'm not a font expert, so the best I can do there is wish you good luck :/

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thank you for your help. I actually was looking for the font type using the text editor plugin and I couldn't find any font that reproduced it. I couldn't tell if the original was bold, but I tried to size the text to get the close. I even went on a site that attempts to find the font, based on a submitted image. It gave me a plethora of choices. I guess I'll just redo the font for all the words, practically re-creating it, like you indicated to do.

Thank you.

Yea, that's the site I tried. It wasn't able to get THE match, but gave me a long list of similar fonts.

One way to remove the text would be to use the rectangle selection to select a row of pixels on the left, then using the move selection tool, drag the middle node on the right side of the selection across the image to stretch that row of pixels until it covers the whole image. This may give you some faint green lines across the image, so go ahead and use gaussian blur at 2-3 pixels to smooth it up.

I do notice the triangles have a slight shadow underneath them. To recreate this, add the triangles on a new layer and duplicate the layer. Use brightness/contrast to darken the triangles layer on the bottom, then blur it at whatever amount you prefer.

I'm not a font expert, so the best I can do there is wish you good luck :/

I use same dragging and stretching of pixels method quite a lot. In this case, if you select a row of "green" pixels on the right and then, using the Move Selection tool, drag the middle node on the left of the selection accross the image stopping just short of the white triangle, you wouldn't have to worry about recreating the triangle. Should you need a second or more triangles on the bottom row, just select the one on the left with the Rectangle Selection tool, copy and paste it where it's needed and gausian blur. You can then type in your new text on a layer above.

This would still leave you with the problem of matching the font with the text on the top row. You can erase the text in the top row using the same method and type in new text for both rows using the same font, similar to the one for the text you're trying to change.

I agree with mountnman that it's easier to do a new one from scratch and that's what I'd do if it was me, but the above will help NotAnArtist10 get more confident with using Paint.NET.

Xkds4Lh.png