merging two images in image list

If it is a single layer, you can copy it, then paste it into a new layer in the other file.

Ctrl + A

Ctrl + C

Switch to the other file, then:

Ctrl + Shift + V

=======================================

If it is a multi-layer file, you can save it, then import it as layers into the other file.

Layers > Import From File...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about merging two images from the image tray - how can I merge an image with a transparent background onto another image. I am looking to combine 2 logos - I wish to combine a Chevy Nova logo onto a Chevy Bow Tie logo. The Chevy logo was in a jpeg that I converted into a png file so I could make the background transparent. So far, I have been able to get the image outline (with checkerboard background) copied over onto the Bow Tie - which is the opposite of what I need

Thanks in advance

Copy the full layer of the Chevy with transparent background.

Ctrl + A

Ctrl + C

Go to the bow-tie image, and paste into a new layer.

Ctrl + Shift + V

I believe that is what I did to get the Chevy logo onto the Bow Tie logo - problem was the checkered background remained and was visible when I viewed the combined image in MS Photo Manager. For some reason I cannot select just the lettering of the logo even though I was able to hide the background. I will keep trying though

Edited by waverous