Button Request (Warcraft Style)

I was just wondering if there were any pDn experts out there who wouldn't mind helping me convert this tutorial http://www.photoshopstar.com/web-design/war-game-style-navigation/ to pDn. I tried it myself and for some reason when I get to the end of step 2 it doesn't work like theirs does. I may be doing something wrong, not sure what it would be though. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Joe

Signature1.png

Are you using layers? I put each step (yellow lines, blue box, textures, text) in its own layer. I achieved a similar outcome by following the tutorial almost exactly. The only step I skipped was the third step. I added all the textures at the end before I added the text.

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Yes I was putting everything in it's own layer, but the motion blur didn't work for me correctly, it only blurred one of the lines, and not on the edges all the way across. Hmmm something is a miss, I'll have to try again.

Thanks

Edit: Yep just tried it again and when I get to the motion blur section on step 2 it screws up the line... doesn't add the "gradient" looking effect to the ends of the lines.

Edited by marsnme

Joe

Signature1.png

If motion blur doesn't work, just make the lines as long as they are going to be in the end and use the gradient to set to transparency mode to make the ends fade.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thank you I appreciate the assistance, that works on a big image, but still doesn't quite seem to work correctly on an image of size 100x25... Trying to make images for a webpage... I'll keep fiddling with it... I appreciate your help.

Joe

Joe

Signature1.png