Need T-Shirt Design Help.

grandmastersteve

Hi. I'm a noob and this is my first post to a simple idea I imagine, I just simply cannot do it!

My brother has helped me do a design from a wallpaper using a t-shirt template, he used layering, magic wand and then just tweaked some effects. He explained how to do it (ages ago), however I cannot remember and figure out where I'm going wrong or If I need more plugins ect. I'm using the standard 3.5.6 version, no extra anything.

Here's the Wallpaper and the T-Shirt design.

booms.jpg

boomth.jpg

If someone would be so kind to explain how to do it, It would be much appreciated. Here's a T-Shirt Template to start with.

basicplainwhitetshirti.jpg

Thank You in advance and Sorry if this is a dumb topic or if there are any other inaccuracies with it :P

Thats a nice plugin, will try and implement it. My brother may have used something similar but not too sure. That's useful for keeping the creases and realism of the T-Shirt any idea how to get the Wallpaper image onto a T-shirt Template like the one shown. The use of layering is probably the answer.. I just cannot figure that part out :/

Resize the Wallpaper image so that it will cover the T-shirt adequately.

Put it on a layer above the T-shirt with its Blending mode set to Darken.

You'll need to use one of the various cutting-out methods to trim off

the Wallpaper image where it extends beyond the edge of the T-shirt.

Put it on a layer above the T-shirt with its Blending mode set to Darken.

Awesome, that's what I was missing, I can now play around with it get some more designs made. Thank You for this and also cheers becauseilearn good plugin there I can mess about with.

1. remember- if you put that white tshirt on a black background(just makes it easier i think) and use the magic wand to select it- then switch to the layer with the wallpapaer, not only will you be able you precisely cut out you shape but you can use the move seletion tool (white arrow- on your tool box) to move the area to be cut out to EXactly what you want- then Ctrl-I to invert selection and delete

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.