Expanding the canvas?

Good morning all,

I need some help here. I imported a certificate into Paint.net and it has a boarder.. I do the change.. I go to print and the printed copy is smaller than the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet I printed it on ? This has happened several times..

And it is one sided,, example: top and bottom is 1/2" short, the left side is 3/8" short and the right side is 1" short. (the printed area vs. the full sheet) Can I correct this? Can I expand the canvas so to speak? If so, how?

The other thing that I have a real problem with is when I use the font called ENGLISH GOTHIC, 17th...... when I type a comma or a period, I get an opened square, and it prints as an open square? What is that?

I look forward to any help you may be able to give.

When people create fonts they usually create all the letters, periods and commas and stuff. They dont always make the letters with the accents (é, etc). So When you try to use a font that does not have it, it shows up as the square you see. It sounds like the creator of that font did not make a period or comma. That sucks. What you can do is draw one yourself, or in a new layer type a comma (in a font that has a comma) and move it to wherever you want it. Same for a period.

I think that is the best way to do it. Hope this helps!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Thanks Sarkut, I will get the plugin.

Heat Stroke,, that is exactly what I did, just used another font and got a , and a . and moved them into place.. BUT , I used that same font before,, I had the open boxes showing on the screen,, but when I printed it, the period and the comma were there.. at that time, I just thought that that was the way it showed up on the screen.. but today.. it printed with the open box.. so I will just do what I did today from now on..

Thanks again to both of you.

Regards,

Art

Well, I downloaded the printer + opened the certificate in Paint.net. went to effects>tools>printer+, page setup, entered 0 in all 4 windows.. and hit print....... still have 1/4" at the top, bottom, left side, 1/2" at the right side, and at the bottom, the printed copy is missing 1/2" of a logo that was at the bottom of the certificate. (?) When I print it right off paint , as in the icon or file>print, I get the complete certificate, only it is in a color, and all the white margins show as I stated in my first post..

Any ideas?

Regards,

Art

There are a number of possible factors that could be causing this problem.

If you can post a link to the actual image you want to print it will help.

If there are privacy concerns, save a duplicate file with a different file name

and obliterate any text and logos with the Paintbrush before posting.