"Wrap" Tool

Hi! I was looking at some photoshop tutorials, to see if I could do them with paint.NET, when I found out about a very usefull tool in photoshop. It is called wrap, and it bassically gives the photo you are working on multiple edit points that you can move, to distort the photo, and make it wrap or fit to certain objects. For example, if I wanted to take a texture and make it fit only to a guys face, not his clothes or anything else, but I didn't want to just delete everything around the photo, I actually wanted to make it look like the texture was wraping around his skin, I could use wrap and distort the photo inward until I got the exact shape of his face. Here are some examples of distoring a photo with wrap below:

photoshop-animation-burn-fire8.jpg

Asset02WarpShaped.jpg

So as you can see, they are using the wrap tool to morph the photo.

Basically, my question is, can you use edit points to somehow wrap or distort a photo to an object in Paint.NET, and if there is some plugin to do this, please tell me.

Any suggestions to help me get this effect would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

ufoforestsig.gif

Well, I downloaded the plugin pack, but I couldn't find the Octagonal/Quad reshape/matte thing, I only found one called Quadrilateral Reshape, and it can only go up to 4 edit points, not eight like the picture that they were showing. Could you please tell me where the octogonal reshape is?

Thanks! :)

Edited by Alex979
ufoforestsig.gif

Looks like it has been replaced with the quad version. Sorry to have pointed you in the wrong direction.

Ah, don't worry about it. Actually, the plugin you suggested is pretty usefull for creating 3D effects on a photo, just like rotate/zoom, so, it's actually a pretty usefull plugin. Even though I didn't quite get a Wrap tool effect, I still appreciate your help!

Thanks! ;)

ufoforestsig.gif