Feature Request for Shape Handles

When drawing shapes, it would be wonderful to have handles for altering the shape after drawing it, a la PhotoShop or Illustrator. I'm constantly finding myself having to redraw my boxes and circles because I rarely get it in the right place or the right size on the first try.

That's not really the same thing though -- it's stretching the pixels around, and the result is sub-optimal.

This is something I've already been planning to do for v4.0.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so happy to see this. I've recently been thinking a lot about this, too; and/or the ability to resize while maintaining aspect ratio with Move Selected Pixels [:MoveTool:] and even Move Selection [:MoveSelectionTool:]. Maybe that could be the function of the corner handles. A user could still stretch and manipulate the same way it is now with the left/right/top/bottom handles. Just a thought on these tools.

• 2 weeks later...

That's not really the same thing though -- it's stretching the pixels around, and the result is sub-optimal.

Thanks Rick. I'm glad you are planning on incorporating handles for shapes in version 4.0. It will be an enormous benefit.

Noel C. Gordon