Changing alignment on an ellipse

Probably a simple answer but have been able to find the answer to this despite looking all over, so forgive me if I have overlooked it!

I wanted to change the facing of an ellipse shape - instead of it facing, say, to 12 or 3 on a clock, I would like it to face towards 1 or 2.

If there is a way to do this, will teh same shortcut keys (or whatever it turns out to be) apply to text and other shapes?

In advance, thanks! boltbait.mrgreen.png

Make your eclipse, and then select it with either Rectangle select :RectangleSelectTool: or Magic Wand :MagicWandTool: with tolerance at 0%. After that, click on the Move Tool :MoveTool: , then right click one of the corner handles, and drag to rotate to the desired rotation.

Hope that helps.

Edit, what ptuZ said also works.

Edited by Weylin

Thanks for the pointers, although neither seem to be doing the job unfortunately ... boltbait.sad.png

To be more specific about what I am trying to do, I have imported an image into Paint and am adding shapes / text on top of it, so the suggestions seem to apply themselves to the entire image rather than just the ellipse shape.

Again, I am probably doing it the wrong way, so any thoughts on how to achieve what I want woudl be welcomed!

Many thanks!