Custom Brushes? Where to find them?

As far as I can tell with the playing around I have been doing any png image will do. Some of the websites that have tubes for download also have the option of downloading png clipart. The grass used in my sig right now came from one of those sites. Unfortunately I don't remember where it was as there were all kinds of tubes that were also available as png clipart.

I am currently working on a set of daisy alphabet mini-brushes and when finished will zip them up and share them. I have not tried yet to convert an image to png format but think that would work too.

Now if there was some way to organize the mini-brushes. :lol: There probably is I just don't know how. By the way with my playing I've discovered I can often change the color of the png with the color balance and you can make the image transparent if need be. With a lace mini-brush I got a delightful effect after changing the color going in and using the metallic plug-in. Experiment and have fun!

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, sure 'tis like a morn in spring.

In the lilt of Irish laughter you can hear the angels sing,

When Irish hearts are happy all the world seems bright and gay,

And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, sure, they steal your heart away.

harpmsig.png

I must be computer illiterate because even after underscoring the file names the mini-brush does not want to put them in categories. The ones in files it only wants to import them separately. Do I need the files in some folder in a paint.net directory or is it possible I have an older version of the plug-in?

harpmsig.png

The "add brush" button is just an easy way to add brushes, it doesn't do anything advanced. All your brushes are actually stored in Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes. Create a folder in there with a name beginning with an underscore and put some brushes in it. When you select the folder's name from the dropdown list above the brush list, only brushes in that folder will be shown.

KaHuc.png

Thank you. I did not realize that documents was where the brushes were stored. It is just a lot easier to pick out brushes by categories instead of having to scroll down a long list.

harpmsig.png