Does Paint.net automaticlly save back-ups?

Hello all! I am not new to Paint.net but I have run across a problem(of course).

I have this program called Game Maker. You can google it but the name gives it away :wink:. Anyway, I linked up game maker with Paint.net so I can make sprites, backgrounds, etc, but unfortunately when I was finished with making my sprite I saved it and got out of Paint.net and it returned to game maker. To make a long description short, when it did return it messed it all up.

So here is the question. I DID save it before I closed paint.net but it "saved" it to game maker. So is there a way to retrieve that file in a back-up? Strangely enough when I go to the 'Open recent' menu it actually shows my file but won't let me into it. It says it can't find the file...

Strangely enough when I go to the 'Open recent' menu it actually shows my file but won't let me into it. It says it can't find the file...

The thumbnails in the Recent menu are stored separately from the files.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Aww... thats a real bummer. Oh well, it's probably good that I have to redo it for I had the shading coming from only one corner so when the object rotated it would have a different light origin places making it weird for this game. :) The only regret is that I worked on it for 40 minutes... Thanks for your help.