Bryan1998's Primary PDN Crash Thread

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
  at System.Drawing.Image.Clone()
  at PaintDotNet.CloneableExtensions.CloneT[T](T cloneable) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\CloneableExtensions.cs:line 22
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.AddEffectToMenu(Effect effect, Boolean withShortcut) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 352

That is rather odd. Complete guess*: maybe one of your effects became corrupted -- it's hard to say. The crash log doesn't specify which effect is being initialized.

I've added a try/catch to the code, so if this happens in v3.5.2+ then that specific effect will just end up with a blank icon (much preferable to a crash...).

* If accurate, I make no claims to having psychic powers.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
  at System.Drawing.Image.Clone()
  at PaintDotNet.CloneableExtensions.CloneT[T](T cloneable) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\CloneableExtensions.cs:line 22
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.AddEffectToMenu(Effect effect, Boolean withShortcut) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 352

That is rather odd. Complete guess*: maybe one of your effects became corrupted -- it's hard to say. The crash log doesn't specify which effect is being initialized.

I've added a try/catch to the code, so if this happens in v3.5.2+ then that specific effect will just end up with a blank icon (much preferable to a crash...).

* If accurate, I make no claims to having psychic powers.

I think It was Custom Brushes mini Because i ran it when it Happened, Next one too :x

could You Just Diagnose My New Ones The File sizes Are Different And They Them selves are different

This Is Like My Primary PDN Crash Thread

To be honest, having a thread dedicated to your own crash logs is a bit irritating and not hugely helpful for when it comes to organising the causes of crashes :/

• 2 weeks later...