Unable to install

chrislah

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to install also. Got 1603 fatal error unable to install. Checked add/remove programs for old version, couldn't find it. downloaded windows installer, and paint wasn't listed.

Yes I am. I also downloaded Windows Installer clean up at someone's suggestion. I also tried installing 3.5.2 to several different directories, and no luck. Very frustrated. Seems like this is a common bug the Paint.net folks should fix.

• 1 month later...

I too have this same issue with xp sp3...i have tried to install frameworks 3.5 via paint.net and even from microsoft but it gets 10 percent done then says it failed..so when i click on paint.net it has error message about needing frameworks installed...i do have frame works 2.0 sp2 on my pc now...any ideas what to do? thank you

Seems like this is a common bug the Paint.net folks should fix.

I would love to fix it, but I've never ever been able to reproduce this in the 6 years that Paint.NET has been around.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

how wierd...i reinstalled sp3 for xp but that didnt fix it at all....maybe going to an older version of paint.net would work? Well i dried to download and install to a previous 2.16 and it did the same thing saying i didnt have frameworks 1.1 installed and i need to get it yet i have 2.0 instyalled..odd