fill patterns. (request feature if possible)

would it be possible somewhere along the line in development to give us a function to increase by 100% , 200% etc the fill patterns. (those currently avail by bucket and brush)

these are great patterns but if you use them on large size images then decrease size downward you loose the pattern and they look mostly solid color.

just a thought not sure if its even possible.

ciao OMA

What I do is take the fill patterns and select one of my choice. I then fill in the area that I need and then with the selection tool, I increase the area. It will then be smudgy and distorted looking after it's resized. So what I do is I either go to Effects--Photo--Sharpen or I use the Auto-level effect. It keeps the quality and shows the pattern clearly.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

have that one Pyrochild and use it often. (I have to draw my own pattern or go thru the increase size adjust quality, increase again and adjust quality to get to where I want to be 400% size. ..... is there no way to use the ready made patterns at larger size? or is that just a whole re work of the tools)

Use the fill pattern you want on a new image.

Resize this image to the size you want, using Nearest Neighbor resampling.

Save this image.

Use the plugin with this image to fill with your new, larger pattern.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

yes that's how I do it now. just thought there might have been an easier method. never hurts to ask.

to give to someone in a scriptlab any ideas? I could do full page pattern using layers and zoom with a sharpen etc. but to fill an shaped area, I'm stuck.

any ideas?

ciao OMA

fake edit. I think I've figured it out. round about method for a scriptlab but may work.

too bad your scriptlab doesn't use tools now that would be wonderous!

Sorry if I sounded condescending.

too bad your scriptlab doesn't use tools now that would be wonderous!
Indeed. :lol:
fake edit. I think I've figured it out. round about method for a scriptlab but may work.
What did you figure out? I'm curious.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I'll have the person fill a screen with desired colors and set pattern selection.

then have them apply the scriptlab.

script lab will start with zoom to size I require. and perhaps I'll need to follow up with the sharpen etc.

from there shape 3d for circular/ egg shape with light unchecked, and image panned.

from there the power stretch and other distorts (similar to my pear tut) for the shapes I need.

is there a limit to the number of items that I can put on script lab in one go?

ciao OMA