Bezier Curves

Hiya,

I have a question on Bezier Curves vs. Standard Curves. If this has been answered before, please forgive me and point me toward the appropriate post. I've already looked in the help file and done a forum search for "Bezier Curves" and didn't find anything that answered my question beyond the vague statement that Bezier Curves give you more functionality than Standard Curves do. Anyway, on to the question...

What is this extra functionality that everyone seems to rave about with Bezier Curves? I mean, I've played around with both types and I haven't created anything with Bezier Curves that I couldn't reproduce with standard mode. (That statement will have some people thinking 'if that's the case then she should just keep her mouth shut', but bear with me...) I just want to know if there's some hyper-kewl, uber-useful trick I'm missing out on because I'm not creative enough to figure it out for myself. Right now, it just seems to me that Bezier mode just requires a lot more screen space to produce the same result since with more extreme sweeping curves that leave me having to zoom out to be able to get the right sweep.

Thanks,

Calamity

To easily visualize the "power" of the Bezier curve, draw a circle with the Circle Tool. Next, on a Second Layer, draw a line with the line tool and make sure you see the four points on the line. Now, take your mouse and use the left-click button to move/shape the line so that it follows the circle. You will notice that your points will be sharper and will be harder to control.

On the third layer, draw a line again. Now, try moving the points to "trace" the circle using the RIGHT button of your mouse. You will notice you will have a smoother and rounder line. The Bezier curve is easier to control especially when tracing or drawing rounder shapes and just about anything.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 2 weeks later...

I had absolutely no idea what you guys were talking about until i opened paint.net and did what helen said to do and i was like eureka :lol: shows that i still have a lot to learn about paint.net :oops:

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

• 4 years later...

Even though this is a 5-year-late response, its still relevant to this thread.

kartracer, answering yours:

With my limited scope, there's these other tools I know of with a double life:

...the Move-Selection Tools.

Left-Click - moves selections Up/Down/Right/Left, like a Castle on chess board.

Right-Click - rotates selections like a merry-go-round clockwise or counter-clockwise

P.S. Here's a retroactive thanks to Helen, since I was seeking info re: bezier-paint.net

I'm most comfortable with Advocates of Transparent RepairCare (vs. Stealthcare) no matter their graphic expertise.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg

This thread is really, really old. Please avoid necroposting. Let dead threads rest in peace.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.