A Basic Line

I'm not an avid user of PDN, but I like it and I use it from time to time ...like today!

I made a screen capture and pasted it into a new, untitled document in PDN (v3.36) so that I could add notes to a software problem we're having.

I selected the circle drawing tool, choose the primary color Red, then added a new layer to draw my circles on. The circle came out fine. I copied and pasted it onto all spots where I needed a circle.

Next, I selected the line tool :AntiAliasingOn: and added an arrow head to the right end of it. Using the same circle layer, I clicked inside one of the circles, drug outside of the area, and let go. There I was presented with 4 square dots: The start of my line, the end of my line, and two midpoints that I could use to squiggle my line (who actually uses that? and how can you get it to work right?).

However, the line is not visible! Color is still Red. Brush width was 2. Maybe it wasn't thick enough? Ok, Brush width: 10. Take 2. Still an invisible line.

Ok, why is the line invisible?

I can save this file, close it, and reopen it and the line works fine - and this "feature" has happened to me a few times in the past.

Does this occur with everyone, or am I special?

Using WinXP Pro, SP3

~Joe

Avoid Sears Home Improvement (click to read why)

I think your problem here is actually very simple! :D You said:

However, the line is not visible! Color is still Red. Brush width was 2. Maybe it wasn't thick enough? Ok, Brush width: 10. Take 2. Still an invisible line.

I think the problem is that you still have the color set as red. If you try to paint red over red. all you are going to get is more red. It would also explain why when you restart the program it works, because when you restart the color goes back to black.

Hope this helps! 8)

Thanks for taking the time to read my question and post a reply.

Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the case.

My background is the screenshot. The layer that is selected is the Circles Layer, which is topmost and has a transparent background.

What's more, I do not actually close PDN. I simply close and reopen the file, so the selected color is still what I had left it with.

~Joe

a screen shot of the problem maybe? :) as far as i can figure it out seems as if you've got the circle selected, that might possibly explain why closing and re-opening the file would fix the problem, and those 4 box's are actually quite useful if you want to make a wavey line ;) dont diss them :lol:

Edit: woa snap! since when did i get to 113 posts? :O asif i didnt even notice my 100th post well thats quite upsetting i might go rant about it later in the rants thread :P

Citylife.png

a screen shot of the problem maybe?

It does not happen every time. Maybe an application loading event failed.

I did not create a screen shot when the last error occurred, and creating one just now did not reproduce the error (difficult bug to track down). The next time I get this error, I'll be sure to save a screen shot.

~Joe

• 5 years later...