A few beginner questions

template2mh9.jpg

1) how do I fade the edge of the image into the black?

2) How do I select a single layer to move it around? I open up the pdn file. When I goto the layers box and uncheck everything but the blue image layer I see a checkered background but I still can't manage to grab the blue image to move it.

3) When importing images bigger than the template Paint.NET seems to crop the images. When I move the image around in hopes of finding the best part of the imported image to fit in the template I just get a lot of whitespace. Is there a way to fix this?

2) Select the layer by clicking on it, and then click on the arrows up or down.

Keyboard arrows? I tried that and I couldn't get it to work. I would click on the layer I wanted in the Layer box and I couldn't even get the image to become highlighted.

3) usually when you import something into PDN that's bigger than the current canvas, via. paste or import layer from file, it asks you if you want to expand the canvas to fit the to-be-imported image. if you click this, the canvas (the space that you draw on) will be expanded so that the image won't be cropped.

Lawless%20government%20sig.png

if you click this, the canvas (the space that you draw on) will be expanded so that the image won't be cropped.

See that's the thing. This is going to be a banner for a webpage so the canvas has to be an exact size. I don't want to expand it.

if you click this, the canvas (the space that you draw on) will be expanded so that the image won't be cropped.

See that's the thing. This is going to be a banner for a webpage so the canvas has to be an exact size. I don't want to expand it.

Do what i said in my post above

BTW how did you do the youtube film?

sig6rj3.png

BTW how did you do the youtube film?

There is free software called "CamStudio" that lets you do this. It may be what he used. It's what I've used in the past.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Cool, Thanks for the help guys!

BTW, i still can't get number 2 to work. I select the layer in the layer box I want to work with. I then press the blue up and down arrows but that only brings layers forward or backwards in your line of sight. I still can't seem to highlight a different layer after some other layer has been selected. For instance I import the fission rods. Then I import the sun. Now I want to go back to the fission rods but I can't seem to select it to resize it or whatever.

ok, when you move layer X below the black, then the black will be on top of layer X, therefore, you won't see it.

I'm trying to move the layer on the X and Y axis. The Z axis is easy.

I'm also trying to select a layer so I can click on it's corner and resize it with the "Move Selected Pixels" tool.

Press Ctrl + A to select All, and then use your arrow keys or mouse to move it.

holy bloody potato. I feel dumb. I'm used to working with object oriented stuff. The programs I've used allow you to select the pic by clicking on it. Thanks for the help.