How to erase the whol background

Hallo, i am new here. What i need to know is how can i erse a whole background. In the tutorial i can read that i need the eraser tool but not told how to use that. Can somebody help me??

C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Help\en\EraserTool.html

Eline Kok (holland)

E.G. KOK

hallo illnab that is not what i mean. I mean disapearing the total background in one click after you get the checkerboard pattern and after you can use a new layer like in

E.G. KOK

hallo illnab that is not what i mean. I mean disapearing the total background in one click after you get the checkerboard pattern and after you can use a new layer like in

Ok... After you erase the backround, you should get the squirrel with the checkerboard backround. Now go to layers>add new layer (or press ctrl+shift+N. A new transparent layer should have showed up in your layer's dialogue like so:

thenewlayer.png

Then press the 'down button' on the layer's dialogue to move down the layer you have just created:

e5eef2dc.png

Now that the layer has moved below the squirrel, press the fill tool in the tools menu, or press F on your keyboard.

Next, select the color you want for the backround and make sure your layer 2 is the active layer by clicking on it...

thenewlayer-1.png

Now click on the image with the fill tool, and your done!!!

dairymansigforum6fy.png

sigbar1.png

Almost.... the first stap>> erasing the background and getting the checkerboard... how??? see that newbie i am. It is the only thing i should like to know, maybe later i am getting the expert :lol:

thnx

Eline (the nethelrands)

E.G. KOK

okay and some things more. The hekpfunction is not so accurate to me.

Look at this:

To cutout everything except the subject, you can work your way around the subject with the Eraser tool, or try this method:

Make a new blank layer and place it on top of the image you are editing. Make sure you have this new layer selected.

Turn off antialiasing and adjust the brush size to 4 or 5 pixels.

Get out the Brush tool if you are editing a shape with rough outlines, or the Line/Spline tool.

Now, pick a color in the color selector that is very different from the colors in the rest of the picture (usually bright green works).

where can i find Line/spline tool and where the color selector?? It is maybe my english that i do not understand the hints. How do i isolate a subject..... omggggg

E.G. KOK

The color selector is the bottom left toolbox; The line/spline tool is in the upper left toolbox and looks like a curved line.

If you can't find the bottom left toolbox, press F8.

If you can't find the upper left toolbox, press F5.

Also, there is a little bit of a language barrier here, so sorry for the inconvenience.

~~

The easiest way to clear out the entire background is this:

* Create a new document or open an existing one.

* Make sure the "Background" layer is selected.

* Press Ctrl + A to select the entire background region.

* Press Delete to remove the background.

--Brandon

The easiest way to clear out the entire background is this:

* Create a new document or open an existing one.

* Make sure the "Background" layer is selected.

* Press Ctrl + A to select the entire background region.

* Press Delete to remove the background.

--Brandon

Then the whole pic disappears!!

E.G. KOK

Hmmmm.... I hope this helps

eraser.png

does not work at all. I wonder how come that i did do it in some clicks, however hot knowing what i was doing but i got the subject out completely sharp. How can you select juslt alone the subject????

E.G. KOK