Can I put pics in text? example attached

I'm new to pdn so I can only tell you how I would do it, there is probably a better, faster way.

I would make eack letter seperately.

Method 1

Open the photo for letter J (background layer). On a new layer type the J in a big thick black font. Position it over the photo where you would want the finished letter. Use magic wand (global setting) and click outside the letter to select the background. Select the photo layer, press delete. Then delete the letter layer. You now have the photo letter on a clear background to use as you wish.

Method 2

For this method you would need an alpha mask plugin but you will get a smoother result.

Open the photo for letter J (background layer). On a new layer type the J in a big thick WHITE font. Position it over the photo where you would want the finished letter. Select the whole of the background layer (the photo). Fill it with black. Save letter as a gif file (you should have a white letter on a black background).

Reopen the photo. Then go effects, object, alpha mask. Load the letter file and it automatically removes the background from the photo.

Hope this helps

I believe that the intent was to change the name from Jeremy to Chunky?

First you're going to have to erase "Jeremy" or overlay that part of the image with something else. On a new layer :AddNewLayer:, place a large rounded (filled) rectangle :RoundedRectangleTool: in a similar color to the "Jeremy" surroundings + repeated blurs : :GaussianBlur: or even glow :Glow: might just do the trick.

Second you're going to have to find a large outlined font that you like (check out http://www.dafont.com). Install the font (viewtopic.php?p=23856#p23856), then restart Paint.NET. On a new layer :AddNewLayer:(above the one from the first step), use the text tool :TextTool: to write the name in place using your new font.

Now you can follow pophiri's technique to import the images into the center of each letter.