suggestion for an effect

sory if i've posted in the wrong place (i'm new on this forum and this place seems the moast likely for this)

well you guis remember that "fade edges" efect(can't remember if it was a plugin or built-in). well i'd like it if i was able to fade the edge of a selected area(ex a circle or the edge of a .png) and, if possible, for more adaptability, maby the option to fade individual sides (left/right/up/down/combinations). i've frequently found myself in need of such an effect, but have yet to find it.

off topic, i'm curious where i could find some fonts and how to install them.

sory for the trouble and thanks for your time.

redsig.png

For the fading.. I dont make plugins but its not too hard to do without a plugin... Have You tried the feather plugin? OR maybe just use a blurr?

Heres a nice paint.net seach tool:

http://www.getpaint.net/search.html

Type feather in search to see the feather plugin

Type fonts in search to see tutorials on how to add fonts.

A great site for fonts is dafont.com

i know about the feather pluggin, but i'm looking for something different. i mean, i can't just feather away half of an image, or a hole through it. maby i said it wrong... what i'm looking for is more in the lines of transparency control, rather than feathering.

and dafont was a lot of help, thx

redsig.png

madjik made a gradiant blur not sure if that's what you mean. but maybe it will help.

there was a faded edge by the same fellow that made drop shadow, I haven't looked yet at his new update but there was some sort of blured edge in the old set he had. maybe look there see if that's what you require. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22881

ciao

There's a Transparency effect in BoltBait's plugin pack; that might help you.

i have that already. it would have been perfect if it had a transition efect to it. right now it's rough. i guess what i'm looking for is a crossbreed between that and the fade edge plugin

redsig.png

Just use some transparency gradients.

Choose the gradient tool :GradientTool:,

and find this icon in the toolbar above the canvas: :AllColorChannels:.

Click it, it should look like this: :AlphaChannel:.

Draw a gradient on your image and watch the result!

Hope this helped you! :wink: