newbie: text block / wrap

Newbie here. been loving the product but found I am stuck with something that seems like it should be simple? Maybe it does not exist but figure I would ask. Searched through the forums and google with no luck.

Question:

I want to paste in a block of lorem ipsum text and resize it to fit my background section. Having it wrap and where it should dynamically. What I am getting is one long line with no wrapping.

I am using paint.net to make some wireframes so the text is just to fill my areas and I need to make like 10 or 15 layouts so I would hate to have to do it all by hand.

either way, great product.

thanks!

There's no easy way to do this automatically. Paint.NET really isn't made for typesetting.

You could type and arrange it in Word, then print screen it and paste it into the program...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You figured it out. :-) Good job!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I don't know whether it was that well-featured.

agree it was buggy but I didn't see any further work on it. It had promise

maybe a flea in Simons ear will spark him to rehash that start of plugin. He's learned lots since then and maybe he can fix the errors that were in the original Beta.

Simon...... what's up with that plugin? scrapped totally ? or still in the thinking about it stage???

ciao

OMA

There are many plugins i've scrapped, some were useless, some had little structure and weren't practical to maintain. I'm not sure which plugins the community would be interested in me maintaining again - if I did maintain one it would probably need quite a lot of re-writing due to my early BASIC-style of programming.

The time I had to re-install my operating system and was left with a slightly deformed backup compounded the problem.

KaHuc.png

not necessary for me as the word work around is just so darn easy to do. and frankly I think I'd rather see this kept as a artistic style program instead of a text editor. (goodness knows there's enough of those out there)

I just remembered at one time you'd been working on something and it was buggy wasn't sure what happened to that work.

ciao

OMA

• 1 month later...

I don’t mean to resurrect a dead thread but I found this in a search today and thought I might add another idea for future searches.

I’m designing a book cover in paint.net and I needed to add the text on the back of the cover.

Instead of laying the text out in Word use MS Publisher, if you have it. Once you get it right you can save it as an image .gif, .jpg, .png. You can save up to 300 dpi. I did that and the text looks perfect in the final paint.net image. Set your page size to match the text area on the paint.net image and type in the text and save it as an image. Insert the image into a new layer in your paint.net project and your done.

Just my $.02

Jeff

On the same lines, you can also use PowerPoint*.

I don’t mean to resurrect a dead thread...
[rule=11]The Rules state three months[/rule], and you have a valid contribution to make, therefore you have nothing to worry about. Although, as you didn't display awareness for this ruling, it suggests you need to peruse the Rules: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3446

;)

*I don't own a copy of Microsoft Office anymore, though I do remember it being a copy of PowerPoint 2003. I'm assuming that there were no changes in this respect for PPt 2007.