File loader plugins

FooBaa.Net

I am a PSP user and usually start my editing by loading a RAW file straight into PSP in 16 bit mode.

I expected the RawLoader plugin (which, like PSP, uses DCRaw) would achieve pretty much the same result. In reality the quality is abysmal, worse than using a camera jpeg.

I wondered about looking into why the RawLoader gets such bad results, but then it also occured to me that I have a Nikon Codec installed, as do many other Nikon owners, I imagine.

So I am thinking about making a file loader plugin that uses the Nikon Codec (via WIC). I noticed that WIC support is in the feature least and should eventually be in the main tarball, but in the meantime a file loader plugin could surly bridge the gap. I have played around with effects plugins in PDN, but I cannot find a framework or example for the file loader plugins. Probably looking in the wrong places.

So I guess my question is this: Is this a reasonably doable little project as it appears to be on the surface, or is there a big gotcha? And are any file loader framework examples available?

Just an edit to say that I imagine my answers may lie in the source code, I have noticed that many posts here refer to it, I assume it is freely available. Indeed I have found links to it but they all take me to a download page that does not seem to have a link the source. Is source available, if so, where?

Thanks.

The source code is no longer available. With the release of v3.5, a plugin SDK will be made available though.

In the meantime, I recommend you make use of tools like Reflector and look at some of the other file format plugins with it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 months later...

How do I get the Sibelius Scorch plugin in Linux? I am trying to print off some sheet music that is only available in the Sibelius Scorch format from a website, but I cannot figure out how to get Sibelius Scorch onto my Linux computer. I tried installing to the Mozilla FIrefox plugin folder, but it still didnt work. Any suggestions?

How do I get the Sibelius Scorch plugin in Linux? I am trying to print off some sheet music that is only available in the Sibelius Scorch format from a website, but I cannot figure out how to get Sibelius Scorch onto my Linux computer. I tried installing to the Mozilla FIrefox plugin folder, but it still didnt work. Any suggestions?

Post in a Linux forum ? :roll:

This is not a tech support forum, nor a Linux forum. This is a plugin development forum for a Windows program. Sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree. :-)

Try here: http://tinyurl.com/c9w93h

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.