Easiest Way to Remove Background

Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

In looking around the royalty free sites, I note one advantage they ofer if you subscribe to their service. Select a picture and remove the background. It looks so neat, the image you want, nice edges, transparent backdrop, etc.t

What is the easiest way to achieve this in PDN?

Currently, I'm setting the eraser to about 2, zooming in and then carefully creating a 2 pixel wide border of blank around my image. I remove a copy of the image to a new image, and then feather or blur the edges. 

It's pretty tedious. Is there a better way?

• Solution
7 hours ago, Marilynx said:

t's pretty tedious. Is there a better way?

The easiest, and free way, is to use this service:  https://www.remove.bg/

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

8 minutes ago, Marilynx said:

I did find out that if you want high-rez DLs, there is a fee, but it's pretty reasonable....

There is a way around this.

Remove the background on a smaller copy of the image, then scale the result up in Paint.NET and use it as an Alpha Mask on your high res image.

3 hours ago, BoltBait said:

There is a way around this.

Remove the background on a smaller copy of the image, then scale the result up in Paint.NET and use it as an Alpha Mask on your high res image.

Well, the problem is that the low-rez previews from sites like Adobe have "Adobe" or whatever the name of the site is watermarked all over the preview. And if I go to the trouble to buy a hi-rez version of the image, I might as well have a hi-rez version with the background removed. 

20 hours ago, Tactilis said:

@BoltBait was giving you a solution that will work for https://www.remove.bg/

Yes, I understand that. The back ground removal site states that it only does low-rez stuff for free -- and that is reat for most interesting bit of artwork and tutorials and things. However, I am working on book covers, 6" x 9" (may be large I have to find out what size an image has to be for both e-book and physical book. I know with the physical book, you need a larger image to allow for bleed. Info is available on Big River and other places. I just do not remember at the moment. 

To get hi-rez output, such as I will need for the covers, which are 300 dpi, I will need to have donated or buy the photos  at 300 dpi and have the backgrounds removed at hi-rez.