Better surface pen experience

Go to solution Solved by rogermiranda1000,

Hi, I have a Surface Pro X with its pen and I think it would be really good for drawing. I've check what Paint.NET has to offer, and I see that it takes the pen pressure (and that's something really good), but I think there are more features than this pen has that could be used...

1. In OneNote, you can hold the button on the right of the pen to select, and then when released you can move the selected region. In Paint.NET, this could be the equivalent as "button press -> select lasso tool" & "button released -> Ctrl+X & Ctrl+V"

2. The pen has a touch sensor also on the other tip; programs often use that as "eraser" (here, it uses the selected tool)

3. It would be nice, if a pen is detected, to not draw with the hand. Instead of drawing, moving the screen would be a more natural thing

I imagine this post will be replied with a "this is impossible due to code infraestructure" or something like this, so do you think it would be possible for me to create a Paint.NET plugin? Or they don't work with this kind of things?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, rogermiranda1000 said:

so do you think it would be possible for me to create a Paint.NET plugin?

That is not something plugins could do.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait