I need help recovering a corrupted file

Heyyy!!! Now I know there is little that can be done about this, but I need help recovering a corrupted file of a map for an alternate timeline that I've been working on. I spent so long making it and now it's gone :(

What can I do?

Edited by null54
Made the title more descriptive

• null54 changed the title to I need help recovering a corrupted file
1 hour ago, MisterEDSpencer said:

Here is the file in question; it is put up on google drive

The permissions on that file don't allow others to access it.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Diagnostics when attempting to open the .pdn

Exception:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Exception thrown by worker thread
 ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (The archive entry was compressed using an unsupported compression method.)
 ---> System.IO.InvalidDataException: The archive entry was compressed using an unsupported compression method.
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(FlushCode flushCode)
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.ReadInflateOutput(Byte* bufPtr, Int32 length, FlushCode flushCode, Int32& bytesRead)
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.ReadOutput(Byte* bufPtr, Int32 length, Int32& bytesRead)
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.InflateVerified(Byte* bufPtr, Int32 length)
   at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.ReadCore(Span`1 buffer)
   at System.IO.Stream.ReadAtLeastCore(Span`1 buffer, Int32 minimumBytes, Boolean throwOnEndOfStream)
   at PaintDotNet.IO.StreamExtensions.ReadAtLeast(Stream stream, ExtentPtr`1 buffer, IntPtr minimumBytes, Boolean throwOnEndOfStream) in D:\src\pdn\src\Fundamentals\IO\StreamExtensions.cs:line 66
   at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.DecompressChunk(Byte[] compressedBytes, Int32 compressedBytesOffset, Int32 compressedBytesLength, Int32 chunkSize, Int64 chunkOffset, DeferredFormatter deferredFormatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 618
   at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.DecompressChunk(ArrayPoolBuffer`1 compressedBytes, Int32 chunkSize, Int64 chunkOffset, DeferredFormatter deferredFormatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 597
   at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.<>c__DisplayClass51_1.<PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 735
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAllCore(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 750
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 754
   at PaintDotNet.Serialization.DeferredFormatter.FinishDeserialization(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Fundamentals\Serialization\DeferredFormatter.cs:line 132
   at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStreamImpl(Stream stream) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1559
   at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1417
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 494
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Fundamentals\Functional\Func.cs:line 58

3 hours ago, MisterEDSpencer said:

fixed, click the link again and you should get in :P

I was able to load the file after launching Paint.NET with the /ignoreCorruptPDNChunks command-line parameter.

Here is the re-saved file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vynup28m52ekle06imqcm/ToDWorldMapPolitical2.pdn?rlkey=xtwfhkp4jn5mekk2wwksao9sr&e=1&st=9tznt5gs&dl=1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait