Combining Two Images. Odd Confusion

I decided I'd finally look into a Windows wallpaper issue I've had for years. I have two monitors. The main monitor is 3440x1440 while the second one is 2560x1440. The issue is that every time Nvidia installs a new driver update it screws up my wallpaper by taking what's on the main monitor and duplicating onto the second. I want the second monitor to just be black so that it doesn't distract me when it's not being used for something. As a result it's set to a wallpaper image that's just a black rectangle. 

Several people have solved this issue by combining their wallpapers into one large, wide image and setting that as the background on the main display. Sounded good. So I created a canvas that was 5900x1440 (3440 + 2560 = 5900) and then I wanted to just drag nature scene I use for the main monitor into that canvas (which is set to a black background) and slide it to the right. 

I run into two issues: First, the app doesn't seem to have any easy way to drag this to the right so you have to manually get it perfectly onto the right edge, but you can do that by zooming in. Anyway, the real problem is that, for some unknown reason, this nature scene, which I've verified is 3440x1440, seems to magically get 100 pixels wider when I import it into the canvas. When I drag it to the right edge the ino at the bottom of the paint.net screen tells me that the left top edge is at 2460, 0. It should be at 2560. When I save this, sure enough, 100 pixels of the nature scene end up showing on the second monitor to my left. 

Does anyone know what's going on with this? 

Edited by Agrajag

Hi @Agrajag - welcome to the forum!

Try this different set of steps to achieve what you want:

1. Set your Secondary color to black (easiest way is to swap the default colors around with this icon in the Colors window: :Swap:)
  2. Open the Nature Scene image
  3. Go to the menu Image > Canvas Size
  4. Make sure By Absolute Size is selected and Maintain Aspect Ratio is not. Type in the desired width = 5900
  5. Image should be anchored Right (Top, Middle or Bottom shouldn't matter as we're only increasing the width)
  6. Press OK

Post back here if you have any trouble.

• Upvote 1

Could it be centering the image?

Try increasing/decreasing the width. Sorry it's all I can suggest.