How do I remove the background of an image?

I have images that i want to crop so i can not have the background, so i can place the images onto a different background. How can this be achieved please as the crop and such like features are not accessable until it knows what to crop. 

I have looked into this and i am fidning it difficult to see how i can achieve this.

If someone could please be an expert or at least think they are in this program so i can carry moving forward with my project.

I think you'll have to provide examples of the types of images and backgrounds you want to remove.

It depends on several factors how easy or difficult that is going to be. If the foreground subject matter is a simple shape then it should be easy but the more complicated the elements you want to separate from the background are the more difficult it becomes to do a good, clean job.

IHaveNoName.png

2 hours ago, drchantry said:

If someone could please be an expert or at least think they are in this program so i can carry moving forward with my project.

Hello @drchantry and welcome to the forum :)

We have all had to learn how to use paint.net.  We usually begin with lessons in the Tutorial Section.  Of course, we are always here to answer any questions you may have.

Also, there are many videos on YouTube about how to use paint.net.

To begin, here is just one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zORhCg0zrA

And, if you want to remove an image from its background, there is a quick and free way here:  https://www.remove.bg/

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• Tactilis changed the title to How do I remove the background of an image?

@drchantry As well as following the good advice provided by @Pixey, please also take some time to read the Forum Rules; there's a link at the top and bottom of every forum page.

Read all the rules, but note in particular Rule #1.
A quick search of the forum for   remove background   would have provided you with lots of help without having to start a new topic.

Also note Rule #6.
Starting a thread with the generic title  "I am in need of an expert in PaintNet. Are there such people around?"  doesn't help anyone else seeking help. I've renamed it to "How do I remove the background of an image?"