Restore old recipt

Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

I have an old recipt with just barely visible letters. Scanning it using the available office multifunction printer / scanner was not a success, it was just unreadable.

The attached version is a photo taken using my phone and it's already better. How can I enhance this iamge so it's more readable?

Auto-levels didn't give a great result, and my other ideas to somehow make the blueish color of the font stand out more, were unsuccessful. But as I don't know things about image processing, that's not a surprise.

Any ideas or hints? TY!

recipt.jpg

• Solution

@pdn_mark I've been tinkering with this, using Levels helps a tad, then duplicate the layer and mode to Difference.

I can see that the Bar Bill was huge -  must have been a good party.  Reminds me of the time my husband and I went to the bar at the Danieli in Venice 😁

recipt.png 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2023 at 6:06 AM, pdn_mark said:

I have an old recipt with just barely visible letters. Scanning it using the available office multifunction printer / scanner was not a success, it was just unreadable.

The attached version is a photo taken using my phone and it's already better. How can I enhance this iamge so it's more readable?

Auto-levels didn't give a great result, and my other ideas to somehow make the blueish color of the font stand out more, were unsuccessful. But as I don't know things about image processing, that's not a surprise.

Any ideas or hints? TY!

recipt.jpg

Could you post a picture taken WITHOUT the patterned paper under the receipt?  Preferably, the receipt sitting on top of several sheets of bright white paper.

13 hours ago, HankP said:
On 9/24/2023 at 7:06 AM, pdn_mark said:

Could you post a picture taken WITHOUT the patterned paper under the receipt?

@HankP the original poster of this problem has already marked his question as "solved".

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.