Channel editing

@jimS welcome to the forum :) 

There is also the Tool "Curves" which is built-in in paint.net, found under Adjustments.  Just change Luminosity to RGB and toggle the colors.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Built-in channel view isn't a planned feature right now afaik. Lots of stuff to work on, almost no devs. The last major forays have been GPU and the basis for custom brushes. Layer groups, masks, channels, etc. are all sort of related features and maybe when the work switches to focus on that, then it'll receive attention and thought

17 hours ago, Pixey said:

@jimS welcome to the forum :) 

There is also the Tool "Curves" which is built-in in paint.net, found under Adjustments.  Just change Luminosity to RGB and toggle the colors.

Yeah! I've done exactly that a few times, but it becomes a big mess when recombining them as additive layers. For alpha editing though pluguins are a must, boltbait's alpha related plugins for example.

13 hours ago, NinthDesertDude said:

Built-in channel view isn't a planned feature right now afaik. Lots of stuff to work on, almost no devs. The last major forays have been GPU and the basis for custom brushes. Layer groups, masks, channels, etc. are all sort of related features and maybe when the work switches to focus on that, then it'll receive attention and thought

It's good to know it's being considered somewhere down the line, thanks.