making curved or circle text

Hello @Kathy Canady and welcome to the forum :) 

A couple of things:

You can go to the Plugin Index and type in Circle or Circular text.

Here is a neat tutorial on how to make text on a path:  https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/26372-how-to-create-text-along-a-path/?do=findComment&comment=394385

And here is a Plugin for circular text.

You will also need The Optional Based Library .dlls, but I'll have to search for these and I'll edit this post when I find them.

EDIT:

You will find the two required .dlc & .dll in this thread.  Open the ZIP file and put those two items into your Effects Folder.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 year later...

I've never worked with plugins before, and I'm struggling.  I downloaded the one from the link, but can't figure out what to do with it.

I followed these instructions since I have the Microsoft version:

Microsoft Store paint.net
In the Windows Store version of paint.net, the directories for plugins and Shapes are different. These locations need to be created manually.

First navigate to your Documents folder (this may be translated to your system language). In it, create a new folder called paint.net App Files
Then create three subfolders in the new folder. These should be called: Effects, FileTypes and Shapes.
The correct spelling of these folder names is essential, however Windows and paint.net will ignore the capitalization (or lack of).

For all installations....
If you downloaded a FileType plugin, move the uncompressed *.DLL to the \FileTypes\ subdirectory.

If you downloaded an Effect plugin, move the uncompressed *.DLL file to the \Effects\ subdirectory.

If the new plugin is replacing an older version you may be prompted to confirm the replacement of the existing file. It is safe to do so.

Navigate to the plugin file just moved and Right-click on the file. Select Properties from the context sensitive menu.

Under the "General" tab, look for an Unblock button next to the Security label.  If the button is present, click it to unblock the file and allow it's use on the computer. Skip this step if there is no Unblock button in the Properties dialog.

Close paint.net if it was open.

Reopen paint.net to enjoy the new features the plugin has added.

I also have the Option Based Library files in the Effects folder.

It didn't work which makes sense to me, because nothing is telling paint.net to look in the random folders the instructions told me to create.  How could it know to look in my Documents folder?  I tried looking for a way to reach support, but that doesn't seem to exist.  Please help.

8 minutes ago, BrewtaliTea said:

I downloaded the one from the link, but can't figure out what to do with it.

1. You must unzip the Plugin (circular text) and drag & copy the .dll into the Effects Folder.

2. Open paint.net and look for 'circular Text' in the Effects - Text Formations.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

47 minutes ago, BrewtaliTea said:

I've never worked with plugins before, and I'm struggling.

I recommend installing my plugin pack: https://forums.getpaint.net/BoltBaitPluginPack

When it tells you that it can't find Paint.NET, just ignore that.  On the main screen, click the box for Microsoft Store version.  It will create the folders for you in the proper place.