Print via PaintNet only black and white

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Aldo Squarise said:

Sorry, but it's not a printer problem.

It could be. Please tell us what Printer you are using?  Perhaps it's not set up properly for paint.net to print in color.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I'll be interested in the answer to this myself.

I do not have a colour printer, 'just' a Brother b/w laser printer. I'd noticed long ago that the preview of colour original photographs when using PDN or any other graphics program with a print option with the Brother laser printer set as default will only display the preview in b/w. I'd assumed and pretty sure it is indeed something to do with the default printer or printer drivers on my PC.

Why am I so certain? Because in the Printer options for the preview my Brother b/w laser printer is listed but in the same selection menu you're provided with Microsoft XPS Document Writer, a virtual print tool. If you select that instead the photo-preview swaps to colour. That's not  a coincidence.

So I'd guess in the OP's case that it is not a printer problem or fault but a printer driver or printer settings issue. How the print preview is behaving is normal if the printer attached is only capable of b/w printing. 

But maybe it could even be something very simple: have you actually checked to make sure your colour printer is the default printer selected in the preview pane? Have you checked it has not been accidentally swapped to grayscale? Also I am thinking - what happens if it has run out of coloured ink? Might it have some sort of fail safe that reverts it to grayscale in such circumstances? 

IHaveNoName.png