Tiny Titlebar Text

Hyrir

This bug showed up after I started using a 4k monitor. Apparently this is a common problem when developers do not support DPI scaling. Please consider adding it to paint.net.

1964321473_enableDPIscaling.thumb.png.ff0fc7dc0e9c71fdc785e32ac351754c.png

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Tiny Titlebar Text
2 hours ago, Hyrir said:

Apparently this is a common problem when developers do not support DPI scaling. Please consider adding it to paint.net.

Excuse me while I laugh for a while... :D 

Paint.NET has a TON of code in it to handle DPI scaling.

Here's how it looks on my 4K screen at 300% scaling:

image.png

Must be something on your end.

Go into Settings :Settings: > Diagnostic > Copy to clipboard, then paste that text here on the forum and someone will be along shortly to see what may be causing the issue.

Ok I got some bad info on this one. My googling from multiple sources said it was DPI scaling but that wasn't the case. Sorry about that.

I was able to fix it by editing the windows registry and increasing the title bar font size. Not sure why that setting was messed up to begin with but at least it works now.

Also that settings > diagnostic button doesn't seem to be in windows 10. I got to the diagnostic page but there was no way to copy anything to clipboard.