Making The Background Clear On Existing Art?

Hey!

So, I'm pretty sure I should've been able to find this in the paint.net search bar, but for some reason I just couldn't!

I have many designs that are all HIGH CONTRAST, BLOCKY, WHITE IMAGES ON A BLACK BACKGROUND. Super, super simple, two tone black and white punk rock images...

I need to figure out how to isolate the white part and completely bleed out the black background so that it becomes clear, so that I can then send the image to my printer and they can put it on a t-shirt. This should be a super simple process... no?

Please let me know!

Thanks!

~T

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Making The Background Clear On Existing Art?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Hmm... I've loaded the plug-in to both the "Effects" folder and the "Files Types" folder and I'm not locating it in Paint.net for some reason. I have also gone to the properties of both folders and "unblocked" the plug-in as per the directions here:https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html and no dice. Have closed and re-opened the program and looked everywhere I can think to. Have checked the "plug in upload errors" section in the "Settings" as well...

Any suggestions??

Did I do something wrong perhaps?

Edited by T.M.A.

I'm sorry, I took a photo on my phone and it's too large to upload. When I shrink it down to the allotted 256 kb, the image becomes indistinguishable...  I am certain I unblocked them. When I click properties, an unblock option no longer appears...

54 minutes ago, T.M.A. said:

... I took a photo on my phone ...

Just take a screenshot. Press 'Print Screen' on your keyboard.  If the image is too large, crop it so it just shows the Properties dialog.

54 minutes ago, T.M.A. said:

I am certain I unblocked them. When I click properties, an unblock option no longer appears...

There's other stuff in the Properties dialog I want to see too.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Yep.

Worked like a charm.

Very powerful tool. Makes separating images for print, like, stupidly easy... I thought I was going to have to re-do a bunch of designs, but I am so impressed with this thing...

Big ups Toe head!

Thanks a lot!