How to Install Plugins ×

AVIF FileType (03-16-2024)

null54

1 hour ago, wam said:

5.0.9 Not working for me either:

Please upload or provide a link to an image that causes this so that I can investigate the issue.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• null54 changed the title to AVIF FileType (11-25-2023)

Release version 1.1.27.

Changes:

• Load the primary image of an animated/multi-frame AVIF file.
  • Added support for writing the EXIF IFD tag.
  • Updated AOM to version 3.7.1.
  • Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• null54 changed the title to AVIF FileType (12-18-2023)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • null54 changed the title to AVIF FileType (01-11-2024)
10 hours ago, ArmorSlave said:

Greetings. I have tried opening an avif image in Paint.NET with the latest plugin (1.1.28), but I am getting an error message:

Fixed in version 1.1.29.

Release version 1.1.29, which fixes loading images with a restricted ICC color profile.

• Upvote 6

PdnSig.png

• null54 changed the title to AVIF FileType (01-28-2024)
  • 2 weeks later...

When I use this software to convert images to AVIF, will the software default my images to sRGB?
I have a full color raw image in TIFF format and I don't know how to compress it properly. Because the RGB in this image is linear.
For example, should it be gamma corrected first and then converted to AVIF by this software?

• null54 changed the title to AVIF FileType (03-16-2024)
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, xiaoqu said:

When compressing AVIF images using Paint.net, does the encoder process the Cb and Cr components separately or are they compressed identically?

I don't know what the encoder does to those channels, you should as the AOM developers about that.

For color images, the plugin converts the RGB input to YCbCr.

For monochrome/grayscale images, the plugin sets the Y channel to the grayscale value and sets Cb and Cr to a constant value to improve compression (the exact value doesn't matter as the decoder will only read data from the Y channel).

• Like 1

PdnSig.png